To join Lincoln Mountain / Gansevoort Snowmobile Club click on or post this link to your brower https://membership.nyssnowassoc.org/club/show/1250
Ten reasons to support your Club:http://nysnowmobiler.com/home
|10. To create snowmobile trails, Snowmobile Clubs negotiate permission and proper insurance coverage for the season. Without the landowner partnerships, the snowmobiling sport would not exist.
9. Snowmobile clubs clear and create trails. After permission is granted, club volunteers work to create trails by clearing away the brush, cutting down obstructing limbs, hauling out trash and smoothing the base of the trails. Volunteers may have to build bridges to overpass creeks and low spots. The combined efforts of club volunteers are vital to the success of any snowmobiling club.
8. After creation, volunteer members of the snowmobile clubs continue to groom the trails, donating time to make the trails as smooth as they possibly can before the first snowfall of the season. Members spend a majority of their time on a slow moving groomer, to properly smooth out all of the trails.
7. While we’re talking trails, who do you think puts up all the stop signs, caution signs and directional arrows (just to name a few)? If you said “the snowmobile clubs,” give yourself 10 points and keep reading, because we’ve only just begun.
6. Discounted DMV Registration. Your NYSSA Club membership lowers your DMV Registration Fee. In New York, some Club funding comes from the Snowmobile Trail Fund, administered by New York State Parks, collected when you register your sled with DMV.But your Club membership is still needed. The reimbursement program does not come close to covering Clubs’ expenses.
5. Membership has its benefits. Membership in a NYSSA club gets you a voucher so your snowmobile registration will be $45 instead of $100. A large variety of discounts are also available, including the FREE $4,000 NILICO Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance.
4. Belonging to a club makes for better, safer snowmobiling. Surveys and accident statistics have shown that snowmobile club members have a much lower accident rate than non-club members. Club members tend to be conscientious, they tend to stress safety and they are aware of safe-riding issues.
3. Belonging to a snowmobile club gives you a great social outlet. You can help out on trails, attend club rides, go to club meetings, take part in club fundraisers and travel on a club trip to a faraway snowmobiling destination. Belonging to a club gives you a good opportunity to ride with different people, experience different areas and hang out with new people who have similar interests.
2. Belonging to a snowmobile club makes you a part of the solution. Get involved. Take the initiative to help groom trails more often and repair trails. Snowmobile clubs seek fresh opinions and welcome feedback from all members.
And the #1 reason to join a snowmobile club:
1. It’s just the right thing to do. For all the reasons listed above and many more, you should belong to a snowmobile club. The costs are minimal, the benefits are nice and it’s your responsibility to support the sport. It’s cheap, it’s simple and it’s right.
To join today simply click the Join Online icon on the right hand side of LMGSC’s home page and print a voucher yourself https://membership.nyssnowassoc.org/club/show/1250